Sunday, December 21, 2014

Moonlight Raider by Amanda Scott - Review @ForeverRomance


*Sheri Here: I'm completely in love with this cover. Beautiful dress, that I would love to own.* 


A MAN OF HIS WORD

Border lord Walter Scott of Rankilburn, grief-stricken after burying his father, goes to the forest seeking solace. Instead he finds a half-naked young lady fleeing pursuit. Wat offers his protection, but honor demands that he return the golden-eyed beauty to her rightful husband-even though the last thing he wants is to see her in another man's arms.

A RUNAWAY BRIDE

Molly Cockburn has fled her home, family, and the brutal scoundrel she was forced to wed. Her pursuers are closing in when the powerful new Lord of Rankilburn bravely intervenes, then promises to help prove her marriage unlawful. Though fiercely loyal to her family, Molly fears they might harm the man she is coming to love, and now she must decide whether to remain faithful to her blood . . . or to her heart.




Molly Cockburn has lived a life of fear amongst her family, so when her family is determined to marry her off to a brute just like her father, she runs. She runs right into Walter Scott who despite what they rules say he needs to do, chooses to shelter her.

Molly and Walter falling in love is sweet, and Molly wins over Walter’s whole clan, but he’s a King’s men so he has to obey the rules of the land and send her back to her father.

I died a bit inside during certain scenes because Molly and Walter were definitely tested in their relationship and love. Ms. Scott brings them together in a way that shows that love can bloom anywhere.


I will be reading more by Ms. Scott in the future, she’s won me over and rekindled my love of historical romance. 



I received a copy for the purpose of review. I was not compensated for my review. 



1 comment:

  1. That one is so pretty. I'd been looking at it and dang you tempt me. lol

    ReplyDelete